Part of the Spa Trial, a multi user route from Horncastle to Woodhall Spa. It follows the line of an old railway. Part of the route runs close to the Horncastle canal.
A linear route of 1.8 miles (2.9km) one way
- Starting point
- Download map
- Accessibility and suitability
The Spa Trial is located along Coronation Walk, Horncastle, and continues on to Woodhall Spa which is a further three miles. The car park on Coronation Walk is tarmac with dedicated parking for disabled users. There is also a car park at the southern end of this route which is compact stone.
The path surface consists of tarmac and compacted stone.
- Steepest uphill section: 1:10 (10%) for a distance of 13m
- Steepest downhill; section: 1:10 (10%) for a distance of 13m
- Narrowest point: The path is over one metre wide
- Greatest cross slope: 1:10 (10%) for a distance of seven metres
- Facilities available on this walk
- refreshments available in Horncastle and Woodhall Spa
- toilets are situated in Horncastle, St Lawrence Street and Spa Road
- Features of this walk
- Countryside for All
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point