A Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust nature reserve on the site of a former airfield. It includes lakes, reedbeds and open areas.
A linear route of 1.2 miles (1.9km) one way
- Starting point
Woodhall Spa Airfield
- Download map
Woodhall Spa Airfield is located along Tattershall Road. There is a car park on-site which consists of compacted stone with loose gravel. Before visiting please contact the Wildlife Trust to obtain the access code. Only assistance dogs are allowed on the site and must be kept under close control.
The paths are mainly old runways which consist of concrete and tarmac.
The paths to the viewpoints are compacted stone and to the bird hide grass.
- Steepest uphill section: 1:8 (12.5%) for a distance of 40m
- Steepest downhill section: 1:8 (12.5%) for a distance of 40m
- Narrowest point: All paths are over one metre wide. The bird hide door is 0.8m wide
- Greatest cross slope: All cross slopes are less than 1:33 (3%)
- Facilities available on this walk
- refreshements available in Woodhall Spa
- nearest toilets along Spa Road, Woodhall Spa
- Features of this walk
- Countryside for All
- wildlife interest
- Map of starting point
- Further Information