Mini first aid teens learning objectives include:
- understand the principles of first aid
- carry out a primary survey and put someone into the recovery position
- identify when someone is not breathing and carry out CPR
- safe set up and use of a defibrillator
- how to deal with bumps to the head
- how to treat minor burns
- identify and assist someone who has a fracture
- identify and treat minor bleeding
- identify and treat someone who is choking
- how to identify and treat someone suffering a severe allergic reaction - anaphylaxis
- how to identify and treat someone having an asthma attack
- Service Description
Mini first aid teens is for children aged 11 to 16. This class enables them to deliver first aid if no adults were available. In the two hour session, teens learn to carry out CPR and deal with choking, deal with head injuries, burns, breaks, bleeding, asthma attacks and allergic reactions. This class meets the KS3 national curriculum requirements in England and Wales. The class is practical, lots of fun and involves lots of activities for the children to enjoy and is perfect for schools.
These classes are designed to be delivered to groups of up to 15 students per session.
Our sessions are available for schools and groups.
As part of the government’s aim to teach pupils about physical health and mental wellbeing, we are delighted that secondary school pupils will be learning basic and lifesaving first aid as part of the national curriculum from 2020.
We want to help you create the best programme possible for your pupils by delivering our mini first aid teens course.
We can deliver our award winning mini first aid classes to work around your timetable.
Our full day is our most popular option at just £325 per day (prices can vary slightly dependent on location).
Our price includes each child receiving a mini first aid certificate and first aid book.
Please enquire for shorter bespoke sessions.
- Contact and how to book
Mini first aid Lincolnshire North and Doncaster