We cut grass verges alongside adopted road and footpaths three times a year.
We treat weeds growing in the highway twice a year.
We cut grass:
- 1m to either side of the highway
- To the highways boundary at some junctions and bends to improve visibility
- As a one-off at specific sites to preserve botanical diversity
We treat weeds:
- Where they are present in the highway
We do not cut grass or treat weeds:
- On privately owned land or developments not yet adopted by us
- On parks and open spaces, but your district council may
View our grass cutting and weed treatment programmes.
We will only take action with overgrown grass if it poses a safety risk.
If the issue presents an immediate danger outside of our normal hours, call the police on 101