Report overgrown trees and hedges

Trees within the highway boundary are our responsibility.  

Trees and hedges adjacent to the highway are the responsibility of the property owner. 

If a tree is causing an obstruction or is dangerous we have a duty to attend to the problem and ensure that the public is not endangered. 

If the issue presents an immediate danger outside of our normal hours, call the police on 101.

Report a tree or hedge fault

What will happen next 

  • Reports are assessed and action taken in accordance with our Highways Infrastructure and Asset Management Plan.
  • If there is an immediate danger to the public then the matter will be dealt with as an emergency. 
  • Take enforcement action with a hedge or tree owner to ensure they carry out work to their property.