This tool will help you identify which is the nearest school to your home address and then other nearby schools for the school phase you need.
The schools that show up in the search result will be based on the address you provide and the school phase you select. However not all schools listed will necessarily form part of the nearest school calculation for admission purposes.
Several Lincolnshire schools use ‘nearest school’ as part of their admission criteria.
This is generally defined as “the nearest school found by measuring the straight line distance from the child's home address to all state funded mainstream schools admitting children in the relevant year group”.
You can look at each school’s admission policy to check whether they use ‘nearest school’ in their decision-making and what their exact definition is.
This service is not the same as the school transport nearest school calculation.
- Grammar schools are included in the search results but they are not included in the ‘nearest school’ calculations for admissions criteria.
- Some schools do not accept pupils into all year groups but will still show in the search tool.
- Boston Haven High Academy has 2 sites. They take Year 7 pupils on one site which is the site used in this facility. If you are interested in other year groups the measurement will be different so please contact the admission team.
- Louth Academy has 2 sites. They take Year 7 and Year 8 on one site which is the site used in this facility. If you are interested in other year groups please contact the admissions team.
- St George’s Academy has sites at Sleaford and Ruskington. Although you can only apply to the school as a single establishment, both sites are used in the ‘nearest school’ calculation.
- Priory Witham Academy, Lincoln is an all-through school taking primary and secondary age pupils, so this is included in both the primary and secondary phase search.