The government uses the Flood Recovery Framework to support communities following severe flooding. Property flood resilience grants are available in Lincolnshire as part of this framework.
These grants are available to people who suffered internal flood damage to their homes or businesses during Storm Babet or Storm Henk. Eligible property owners can apply for up to £5,000 (including VAT) to help make their property more resilient to future flooding.
Properties must have been seriously damaged internally by flood waters between either 19 and 25 October 2023, or 2 and 12 January 2024, and subsequently required drying out or repairs to the fabric of the building. Properties flooded in both storm events may only make one application to receive grant of up to £5,000.
Eligible properties are:
- Residential properties, including static caravans if they are the property owner’s primary residence
- Business properties where internal areas which are critical to the day-to-day operations of the business were affected
- Properties owned by local authorities who act as the landlord
- Holiday lets that are operated as a business, where non-domestic rates are paid
- Bed and Breakfast properties where the owner lives on site as their primary residence and pays domestic or non-domestic rates or both
- Houses of Multiple Occupancy (HMOs) or blocks of flats, which will be considered as one property
Non-eligible properties include:
- Garages, outhouses or storage areas
- Second homes
- Empty homes
- Basements or cellars not used as part of the habitable or business area of the property
- Holiday cottages which are not part of a commercial enterprise and are not the principal residence of the owner
- Properties that received property flood resilience grants in 2013/14, 2015/16, November 2019 and February 2020
- Properties that received Grant in Aid funding under a Regional and Flood Coastal Change Committee property level scheme
The scheme will close in 2025. Please register as soon as you are able to, to avoid any delay to your application.
Several other schemes are available to property owners, including Build Back Better (opens in a new tab), through insurers. District councils are administering further schemes, including:
- Community Recovery Grants
- Council Tax discounts
- Business Rates relief
- Business Recovery Grants
Please contact your district council for more details on these schemes.