Apply for a community wildlife grant

The community wildlife grant is open to parish councils, charities and constituted voluntary groups.  It is for projects in Lincolnshire that:

  • protect, improve or promote wildlife
  • promote access to and enjoyment of the countryside
  • local communities support and may undertake

We award grants for:

  • tree and hedge planting
  • woodland improvement
  • hedge laying
  • village nature area creation
  • repairing dry stone walls
  • access improvements to nature area
  • leaflets and information boards
  • wildlife surveys

Grants are for between £50 and £500 up to 75 per cent of the total costs.  If the local community does the work, the remaining 25 per cent could be volunteer time.

Grants are to pay for specific pre-agreed expenses.  Your organisation must provide receipts for these.

To be eligible, your organisation:

  • may only receive one grant per year
  • must be responsible for all future maintenance of a project
  • must have a formal constitution and bank account

If you do not have a constitution, another organisation must apply on your behalf.

Apply for a community wildlife grant

The closing dates to apply are 1 April and 1 September each year.

What happens next?

We will let you know if you are successful within four weeks of the relevant closing date.

If approved, we will send you an offer letter.  This will confirm the level of grant you are eligible to claim.

You must not undertake any work before receiving a written offer.

We will make the final payment of the grant when:

  • we have received your receipts for all pre-agreed expenses
  • we are satisfied the work is complete