Occupational therapy

Occupational therapists work with adults and older people. They can help if you:

  • are having difficulty with day-to-day tasks
  • might be at risk of harm
  • are at risk of losing your independence

Occupational therapists are regulated by the Health and Care Professions Council. It holds a register of all people eligible to practice.

They will help you to be more independent with activities, such as:

  • personal care (for example, getting washed and dressed)
  • work (for example, paid work, voluntary work, housework or school)
  • leisure activities (for example, sports, hobbies and social activities)

Therapists can also advise on:

  • ways to stay safe (for example, making your home safer)
  • ways to improve your mobility (for example, installation of handrails and ramps)
  • how to get in and out of bed (for example, raising the height of your bed/chair)
  • how to prepare meals
  • how to manage stairs
  • creating a coping strategy to improve independence

If you want to buy equipment yourself, visit the NRS Healthcare website.

To contact us about your needs, email csc_socialcare@lincolnshire.gov.uk or call 01522 782155.