The Lincolnshire Historic Environment Record is the record of known archaeological sites and historic buildings.
It is a digital database supported by an extensive collection of physical material such as:
- historic maps and aerial photographs
- reports on archaeological investigations
- books and journals.
Over 57,000 features are currently recorded, which include:
- archaeological sites and finds
- historic buildings and structures
- legally designated and protected sites
- historic parks, gardens, and ancient woodlands
- battlefields and legends
Many of the records can be found on Heritage Gateway.
Records and physical materials can be viewed by appointment at our offices. We are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
To make an appointment, email [email protected] or call 01522 782070.