The 'Find your nearest school' tool can help you find out which school is closest to your home address and can show other nearby schools for the type of school (school phase) you need.
This information can then be used to help you decide which schools to list as preferences on your application form.
The schools in the search results are based on the address you provide and the school phase you select.
However, not all schools listed form part of the nearest school calculation for admission purposes.
Several Lincolnshire schools use 'nearest school' as admission criteria, and priority may be given to children who live closest to the school.
'Nearest school' is generally defined as "the nearest school found by measuring the straight line distance from the child's home address to all state funded mainstream schools admitting children in the relevant year group".
You can look at a school's admission policy to check whether they use this in their decision-making and see their exact definition.
This tool will not tell you if you are eligible for free school transport.
- Grammar schools are included in the search results but do not use 'nearest school' calculations as part of their admissions criteria.
- Some schools do not accept pupils into all year groups but will still appear in the search tool.
- Boston Haven High Academy has two sites. They take Year 7 pupils on one site, which is the site shown in this tool. If you are interested in other year groups, the measurement will be different - please get in touch with the admissions team for more information.
- Louth Academy has two sites. They take Year 7 and Year 8 on one site, which is the site shown in this tool. If you are interested in other year groups, the measurement will be different - please get in touch with the admissions team for more information.
- St George's Academy has sites at Sleaford and Ruskington. Although you can only apply to the school as a single establishment, both sites are used in the 'nearest school' calculation.
- Priory Witham Academy, Lincoln, is an all-through school taking primary and secondary age pupils, so this is included in both the primary and secondary phase search.