A parent, carer or registered chaperone must supervise any child taking part in a performance.
Anyone over 18 years old can apply to become a licensed chaperone. You will need to:
- complete the application form
- submit two personal references, one of which knows you professionally
- submit one passport-style photograph
- complete mandatory chaperone online training
- attend an appointment where proof of identity will be gathered
- undertake a child workforce enhanced DBS check
A chaperone licence is free of charge for volunteers and lasts for three years.
We cannot guarantee a timescale for issuing a chaperone licence.
You should apply at least 12 weeks prior to the date of the first performance.