The Business Lincolnshire Growth Hub is presenting a fully-funded half-day conference this March to help Greater Lincolnshire businesses to improve staff recruitment and retention.
Titled ‘How to Recruit, Retain and Motivate,’ this conference is designed to assist local businesses in finding new talent and taking better control of the recruitment process.
Taking place at the Petwood Hotel in Woodhall Spa, the conference will feature insights from Total Jobs - the UK’s largest hiring platform - and a keynote speech from England’s top rugby scorer and former RAF flight lieutenant Rory Underwood.
Currently, 61% of UK businesses are struggling to recruit to senior, strategic and skilled roles. There is also an international talent crisis forecast for 2030, with a predicted shortage of 85.2 million skilled workers around the globe.
This conference aims to offset the challenges businesses face when recruiting new employees, and will blend expert opinion, real-life experience, audience polling and discussion to introduce businesses to new employment strategies and solutions.
Critical topics covered include:
- The importance of a competitive and compelling employer brand
- The importance of research and market mapping
- Creative approaches to attracting new talent
- How to prevent valued employees from looking elsewhere
- Crafting a strong succession plan and discovering potential leaders within your current team.
In his keynote speech, Rory will be discussing the importance of teamwork for a successful business. He is the founder of Wingman Ltd – a business consultancy that focuses on building sustainable, high-performance environments. Along with a fascinating recount of his years as a successful sportsman, Rory will be sharing his expertise on effective team working in high-pressure situations, whether on the pitch or in business.
There will also be the opportunity for businesses to discuss specific issues surrounding recruitment, so they can leave with ideas they can immediately apply to their own teams.
Cllr Colin Davie, Executive Member for Economic Development at Lincolnshire County Council, says: “We’re passionate about helping Greater Lincolnshire businesses to reach their full potential, and that includes recruiting the best talent.
“This conference can assist local businesses in overcoming obstacles to recruitment and help employers to take charge of every step of the hiring process, using easy strategies that can be applied as soon as they return to the office.”
‘How to Recruit, Retain and Motivate’ takes place on Thursday 5th March from 8:30am to 1:30pm. The conference is fully-funded, but places are limited, so early booking is advised.
- The Business Lincolnshire Growth Hub is a go-to place for businesses looking for assistance with their growth or change plans, whether that is developing new products or processes, understanding how to export to new markets or develop a strategy to upskill a workforce.
- Whatever the needs of your business, a Growth Hub Adviser can help you to develop a tailored action plan to move your ideas forwards, directing you to the right sources of further help.
- The Business Lincolnshire Growth Hub is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and managed by Lincolnshire County Council.