We are following advice from Public Health England and passing on information to the public, staff, schools and care and support providers to help reduce the possible spread of the virus.
Everyone should do what they can to stop coronavirus (COVID-19) spreading.
Help prevent the spread:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- avoid close contact with people who have symptoms of coronavirus
- only travel on public transport if you need to
- work from home, if you can
- avoid social activities, such as going to pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas
- avoid events with large groups of people
- use phone, online services, or apps to contact your GP surgery or other NHS services
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- do not have visitors to your home, including friends and family
Typical symptoms of coronavirus include:
- difficulty in breathing / shortness of breath
If you feel unwell, stay at home, do not attend work or school.