We perform regular checks of all county roads, but we rely on the public to report faults too.
If your fault presents an immediate danger outside of our normal hours, call the police on 101.
We will respond within 10 working days.
Temporary repairs are sometimes carried out when:
- wet or icy conditions would prevent full repair bonding to the road
- the location means temporary traffic lights or a road closure are needed
- we cannot fix an underlying problem immediately
We assess all pothole reports but some are not an immediate danger. These will be added to current or future planned works programmes.
We may be liable for damage to vehicles or personal injury if we have been negligent.
For a claim to be successful, you must demonstrate that:
- we have not maintained the highway in question. Our legal duty to maintain the highway.
- this was the direct cause of your accident
If you wish to submit an insurance claim, call 01522 782070.