Our Bus Service Operators Grant (BSOG) funding comes from central Government.
We distribute some of this funding to operators of eligible bus services and community transport.
We calculate the level of funding in the same way as the DfT.
We use the rest of the money to fund projects that:
- improve bus punctuality, reliability and network coverage
- address bus stop and shelter issues
- improve the standard of on-street and online timetable information
Spend in 2020-21:
- electronic ticket machine hire scheme for bus operators
- new vehicles for CallConnect
- roadside timetable displays
- bus shelter works
- bus service revenue support
- traffic light priority for buses
For more information about BSOG, visit GOV.uk.