The Lincolnshire Waste Partnership (LWP) aims to:
- provide innovative, customer-friendly waste management
- seek the best environmental options
- give value for money to Lincolnshire residents
It includes us, the seven district and borough councils and the Environment Agency.
Around 360,000 tonnes of waste is dealt with by the LWP annually. Most of it is household waste.
- more than 43% was recycled, reused or composted
- around 52% was converted to energy, largely through our Energy from Waste facility
- less than 5% went to landfill
To coordinate our services, we use the Joint Municipal Waste Management Strategy.
This strategy has been adopted by all eight councils in the partnership. It will be reviewed every five years. It was shaped by the following: