The Young People’s Learning Provision (YPLP) offers alternative education to young people aged 16 to 19. If you have an Education, Health and Care plan (EHC), up to age 24.
We provide safe, accessible and individualised educational opportunities in small nurturing environments that support and promote the progression of young people.
Our vision is for every young person in Lincolnshire to:
- be empowered
- have high aspirations
- achieve their potential
We work at seven sites around the county, including:
- YPLP Boston - Focus 1, Mill Road, Boston PE21 0HF
- YPLP Grantham - Earlesfield Youth Centre, Trent Road, Grantham NG31 7XQ
- YPLP Lincoln - Mary Knox Centre, Smith Street, Lincoln, LN5 8HY
- YPLP Louth - The Pavillion, London Road, Louth LN11 9QP
- YPLP Ruskington - Ruskington Youth Centre, High Street, Ruskington, NG34 9DW
- YPLP Skegness - The Pavillion, Wainfleet Road, Skegness PE25 2EL
- YPLP Spalding - Unit 12 Broadgate House, Westlode Street, Spalding PE11 2AF
YPLP’s Intent Statement
YPLP offers programmes that support vulnerable, NEET and SEND young people the opportunity to move closer to and progress into the world of work and greater independence.
YPLP works closely with employers and referrers to ensure that the curriculum offered meets the needs of the young people.
Programmes are tailored around individual learner needs and work experience is sourced for the individual through successful skills match. The qualification offer has been developed using information from the local labour market.
In the Greater Lincolnshire LEP Employment and Skills Advisory Panel Local Skills Report January 2022 it stated:
‘In terms of skills requirements, employers are still focused on the softer (critical) transferable side of skills, with ‘communication skills’, ‘customer service’ and ‘teamwork / collaboration’ featuring prominently.’ (Page 74)
The information received on referral and the initial assessment of the learner determines which of the YPLP programmes is most suitable for the learner.