Lincolnshire's Health Protection Team aims to protect people living in Lincolnshire against threats and hazards to their health.
We work with various local organisations to ensure plans are in place to protect Lincolnshire residents. This includes making sure systems are in place to identify and deal with any danger to public health, including:
- management of infectious diseases such as flu or measles outbreaks
- systems to prevent and control infections, including environmental hazards
We are also responsible for providing assurance to the Director of Public Health, that:
- commissioners and providers of health and adult social care across Lincolnshire are safe
- appropriate systems and processes are in place to meet national standards
- evidence of good quality, clean and safe care is provided