How you become one of our suppliers will depend on the value and type of contract:
- For transactions up to £5,000, the purchasing member of staff will select an appropriate supplier.
- For transactions between £5,001 and £15,000, we will seek at least three written quotations.
- For transactions between £15,001 and EU thresholds, we will seek at least four written quotations.
- For transactions over EU thresholds, we will seek formal tender process. The thresholds are:
- £181,302 for services/supplies
- £589,148 for social care, health and other specified services
- £4,551,413 for works
How we may advertise
- For a contract worth £5,000 or less, we need at least one verbal or written quote.
- For a contract worth £5,001 to £15,000, we need at least three written quotes.
- For a contract between £15,001 to EY thresholds, we need at least four written quotes. We publish them on:
- Anything above the EU threshold uses a formal tender process. We publish these on:
You must register with us if you wish to provide a quote on a contract:
We also buy commonly-used goods and services through Eastern Shires Purchasing Organisation (ESPO).
Find out how to become an ESPO supplier.