Before you apply
You must only apply to us for a licence to store up to 2,000kg of fireworks or explosives
If you store more than 2,000kg, you must apply for a licence from the Health and Safety Executive.
We do not provide a licence to store:
- relevant explosives
- regulated or prohibited ammunition
- smokeless powder or percussion caps
- explosives owned by a person registered as a firearms dealer
If you are storing ammunition, you must apply for a licence from Lincolnshire Police.
How to apply or renew
Our licence allows you to store up to 2,000kg of fireworks or explosives.
The sale of fireworks is restricted to the following periods:
- 15 October to 10 November
- 26 December to 31 December
- on the first day of the Chinese New Year and the three days preceding it
- on the day of Diwali and the three days preceding it
If you wish to sell fireworks at other times or all year round, you will need an additional licence. You must make a separate application for this.
By law, you must display the explosives statutory notice.
For advice, email TSBusiness@lincolnshire.gov.uk or call 01522 552490.
Your licence fee depends upon:
- the quantity of explosives you wish to store
- the length of time the licence is for
- whether it’s a new application or a renewal
Licence to store explosives with no minimum separation distance:
- £111 for one year (£55 renewal)
- £144 for two years (£88 renewal)
- £177 for three years (£123 renewal)
- £211 for four years (£155 renewal)
- £243 for five years (£189 renewal)
Licence to store explosives with a minimum separation distance:
- £189 for one year (£88 renewal)
- £248 for two years (£150 renewal)
- £311 for three years (£211 renewal)
- £382 for four years (£272 renewal)
- £432 for five years (£333 renewal)
Changes to the name, transfer or replacement of a licence cost £37.
We will also charge for any additional work we are required to carry out.