Apply for third party traffic management

You must apply for permission to use temporary traffic management, including temporary traffic signals.

You do not need to apply for works taking place under the Lincolnshire Permit Scheme (LiPS) such as works on behalf of utility companies. Instead, an application should be submitted via Street Manager.

Before you apply, read the temporary traffic signals application terms and conditions.

Applications must be made at least 10 working days before the required start date. Applications for urgent or emergency works must be made within two hours of the works starting or by 10am the next working day if works started outside of normal working hours (8am to 4.30pm).

Apply for third party traffic management

Permission to place traffic management on the highway will be granted under Section 171 of the Highways Act 1980. This process is in addition to any legal requirements for other activity, such as temporary traffic regulation order (for road closures) or excavations or installations of apparatus in the highway.