An abnormal load is a vehicle that has any of the following:
- a weight of more than 44,000kg
- an axle load of more than 10,000kg for a single non-driving axle
- an axle load of more than 11,500kg for a single driving axle
- a width of more than 2.9m
- a rigid length of more than 18.65m
To transport an abnormal load on our roads you must give at least two working days' notice. You must also inform the police and any bridge owners along the proposed route.
You must give eight weeks' notice if you require temporary street furniture removal. You will be liable for all costs.
You must give notice to Highways England of an abnormal load for routes which include:
- the A1
- the A46 Newark to Lincoln
- the A52 west of the A1
Apply to transport an abnormal load
For advice, email firstname.lastname@example.org.