Cookie Policy

This website works best using cookies. You can find out more and change your settings any time but by continuing you agree to this.

Council Services:

Traffic Regulation Orders

A Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) is a legal order which allows the council to place temporary, experimental or permanent restrictions on the use of a public highway.

Examples of a TRO include:

  • Double or single yellow
  • One-way streets
  • Residents' parking
  • Loading bays
  • Speed and weight limits

TROs are required by law to enable the police or, in the case of parking issues, the council, to enforce these restrictions.


Introducing a TRO

Most TRO's are introduced as a result of discussion with local communities or the police to address specific problems. Their purpose can be to:

  • Improve the safety of road users
  • Prevent serious damage to roads or buildings
  • Facilitate traffic flows
  • Improve or preserve local amenities

To request a TRO, email or call 01522 782070.

Only requests which meet all policy criteria will be added to a council programme for further investigation. Once under investigation, we will:

  • Consult with police, the county councillor, the parish council and other statutory consultees
  • Place a notice in the local paper
  • Place notices on site

If there are objections, we will:

  • Correspond with objectors
  • Report objections to the planning and regulation committee
  • Inform objectors of the committee's decision

The TRO process will take around 12 months to complete and, if agreed, the scheme is added to a programme of implementation.

Proposed Traffic Regulation Orders

All TROs currently under consultation are available to download below.

If you wish to comment on a TRO, write to: Traffic Orders, Lancaster House, 36 Orchard Street, Lincoln, LN1 1XX.

A map of historic TROs is also available to view online.

Information about parking enforcement


Pay or challenge a PCN, apply for a Blue Badge and find out about parking enforcement.


Highway defects

Discovered highway defects such as potholes, lighting, flooding, signage, obstructed roads?


Constructing a dropped kerb

Request permission to construct a dropped kerb/vehicular crossing to an existing property.


Did you find what you were looking for?

Please give us your name, email address and any comments you have.

Last updated: 31 October 2017

Bookmark with:

What are these?


Powered by Webstructure.NET