There are statutory requirements and conditions applied to these licences. Please ensure you have read the requirements of holding a licence outlined on our website (opens in new window), and use the Venue Checklist (opens in new window) before you apply.
Your application is accepted under the following conditions:
- the premises are to be approved and registered for regular use as a venue for the solemnisation of marriages, civil partnerships and celebratory ceremonies.
- the premises must be a seemly and dignified venue for the proceedings.
- the room or rooms which the proceedings will be held must be identified by description as a distinct part of the premises.
- the building must have no recent or continuing religious connection.
I understand that:
- the cost of a licence for one room within the premises is £1500, additional rooms will be at a further cost of £50 per room. To be paid on application.
- the premises will be inspected for suitability before approval is granted. All approved premises may be subject to subsequent inspections during their term of licence.
- public notice of the application will be given by an online directory entry on Lincolnshire County Council's website. A period of 21 days will be allowed for objections. View public notices (opens in new window)
- if a licence is issued it will be valid for 3 years subject to revocation.
- the premises must satisfy the local authority on fire precautions and health and safety provisions.
- all ceremonies must take place in a licenced room or agreed outside space which has been granted approval for the solemnisation of Marriages, Civil Partnerships and Celebratory Ceremonies.
- every effort should be made to comply with disabled access requirements. It is accepted that this may not always be possible given the age, construction and style of a building.
I declare that:
- I have read and understood the licence requirements and conditions document.
- the building has no recent or continuing religious connection.
- I have consulted the planning authority.
- if a licence is granted the premises will be regularly available for public use as a ceremony venue.
- if a licence is granted I will comply with the standard conditions and any local conditions attached to that grant of approval.