Advice if you’re worried your parents are splitting up
If any of these videos feel familiar to you? You could be worrying about your parents relationship. Lots of things happen in adults lives that make day to day life much more stressful. The arrival of a new baby, change or loss of jobs, moving house and many other things. We know it’s a big worry for some young people, but you are not on your own. Do try and talk to your parents or someone you trust in your family or in school or college. If you don’t feel that you want to do that right now, free advice and information is available.
Remember, it's not your fault and there are people that can help you and your family.
- Voices in The Middle - online support for young people whose parents might be splitting up
- Young Minds - Young Minds provides advice around looking after your mental health when your parents have or are separating
- Childline - advice and help if you are worried about family relationships or anything else
- BBC Bitesize - lots of information and advice, not just about learning but about your wellbeing and many other topics!
- Kooth - online mental wellbeing community
- Lincolnshire Family Services Directory - emotional wellbeing and mental health support advice
- Advice for families on reducing parental conflict