In total, we have 70 councillors:
- Conservative - 54
- Labour - 4
- Independent Group - 4
- South Holland Independents - 3
- Liberal Democrat - 3
- Independent (non-aligned) - 2
The council leader
The council leader is elected for a four-year term at the first full council meeting after an election. The role of the leader is to:
- provide strategic direction for the council.
- act as the political spokesperson for the council.
The current council leader is Councillor Martin Hill OBE.
The current deputy council leader is Councillor Patricia Bradwell OBE.
Chairman and vice-chairman
The chairman and vice-chairman are elected at the full council’s Annual General Meeting (AGM). The role of the chairman is to:
- to chair meetings of the county council and uphold the Constitution
- to promote public involvement in the council's activities
- act as an ambassador for the council
The vice-chairman assists with the chairman’s duties and may stand in at meetings and events.
The current chairman is Councillor Mrs Alison Mary Austin
The current vice-chairman is Councillor Robert Philip Harry Reid