In total, we have 70 councillors:
- Conservative - 55
- Labour - 6
- Independent group - 5
- Liberal Democrat - 1
- Lincolnshire Independents - 1
- Independents - 1
- vacancy - 1
The council leader
The council leader is elected for a four-year term at the first full council meeting after an election. The role of the leader is to:
- provide strategic direction for the council.
- act as the political spokesperson for the council.
The current council leader is Councillor Martin Hill OBE.
The current deputy council leader is Councillor Patricia Bradwell OBE.
Chairman and vice-chairman
The chairman and vice-chairman are elected at the full council’s Annual General Meeting (AGM). The role of the chairman is to:
- to chair meetings of the county council and uphold the Constitution
- to promote public involvement in the council's activities
- act as an ambassador for the council
The vice-chairman assists with the chairman’s duties and may stand in at meetings and events.
The current chairman is Councillor Tony Bridges.
The current vice-chairman is Councillor Michael Brookes.