There is help available for residents struggling with the cost of living from the council and other organisations.
There are a number of initiatives you can apply for or access information on through Lincolnshire County Council:
- Household support fund
- Holiday activities and food programme
- Help with childcare costs
- Free school meals
- Financial support for carers
You can find further information on your local district council website:
- Boston Borough Council
- City of Lincoln Council
- East Lindsey District Council
- North Kesteven District Council
- South Kesteven District Council
- South Holland District Council
- West Lindsey District Council
You can also get help and advice on things such as energy bills and income support:
- Help for households from the government
- Help with finances and debt from Citizen’s Advice Service
- Help with financial and life changes from Wellbeing Lincs
Be aware that scammers try to take advantage of people when they are vulnerable. You may find yourself more susceptible to scams when distracted and worried about your financial situation.
If you are concerned about a scam, or want to report one, please contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service.
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue have also offered advice about how to stay fire safe while heating and lighting your home this winter.
Mental Health Support
Lincolnshire has confidential, free phone helpline for emotional mental health support. Specialist workers provide support, advice and guidance 24 hours a day on 0800 001 4331.
Here For You
Here For You offers mental health and emotional wellbeing advice line for young people, parents and carers. Available 24 hours a day on free phone 0800 234 6342.
Wellbeing Lincs is a countywide service supporting adults across Lincolnshire to achieve confident, fulfilled and independent lives. Find out more information on the Wellbeing Lincs website or phone 01522 782140.
It offers a helping hand through life's changes, including
- Ill health
- Changes to financial circumstances
- Changing medical need
- Lack of family support
- Loneliness and social isolation
- Change in general situation or circumstance
Connect to Support
Connect to Support Lincolnshire is an online information, advice library and community directory for adults in Lincolnshire. It offers signposting to groups, activities and support within local communities.
Telephone support and live web chat to help people navigate support is available Monday to Friday 2pm to 7pm on 0300 3030 8789
Connect to Support is a directory of information and advice relating to adult care and community wellbeing
- Health and wellbeing
- Housing and independence at home
- Getting out and about (travel and mobility)
- Volunteering and community
- Money and legal matters