We are the Local Lead Flood Authority (LLFA) in Lincolnshire.
We oversee local flood risk, including the management of groundwater flooding, surface water run-off, and ordinary watercourses. We work closely with:
- the Environment Agency
- district and borough councils
- water companies
- regional flood and coastal committees
- internal drainage boards
Find out more about the role of the LLFA in managing flood risk on GOV.uk.
As the LLFA, we have certain functions and powers to:
- develop and maintain the Local Flood Risk Management Strategy
- record, investigate and publish reports on significant floods
- give consent for any changes to ordinary watercourses
- establish and maintain a register of assets which might be a flood risk
- designate an asset for inclusion in the Register of Lincolnshire Assets
- consult on sustainable drainage systems
- lead the response to flooding at a local and county-wide level