Candles are often used for birthdays, family occasions and religious festivals.
It is safer to use battery-powered candles.
If you do use anything with a naked flame, it should be treated with care. You should:
- never leave a burning candle unattended
- always keep candles away from soft furnishings
- make sure candles are secured in a proper holder, on a heat-resistant surface
- keep candles out of reach of animals and children
- keep candles away from hair and clothing
- check that you extinguish candles after use
- keep lighters and matches are out of the reach of children
- never move a lit candle