Wheelie bins help to keep your community a clean place to live.
However there is the potential to cause damage to properties and injury to residents if set on fire.
To keep your bin and property safe from arson:
- only put bins out when they are due for collection and put back as soon as possible after emptying
- try and store your bins somewhere secure, for example behind a lockable gate
- do not block escape routes with wheelie bins
- keep wheelie bins away from windows and doors
- don’t overfill or leave loose rubbish around the bin