Stamford Red Lion Square
The Red Lion Square improvement scheme would see the current paving setts in the square replaced with a longer-lasting, easier-to-maintain type of stone and foundation. This will make the surface more robust while increasing safety and maintaining its heritage look.
Aims and Benefits
- Increase safety for pedestrians and road users
- Construct a paved area that is easy to maintain and will last
- Prevent cracking and shifting of the stone paving
- Save time, money and disruption in the future
- Upgrade the road surface to protect the current aesthetic of the area
Cost and Funding
The scheme would cost up to £1.4 million and will be fully funded by Lincolnshire County Council.
- October 2021: Scrutiny committee and executive approval
- Summer 2022*: Construction begins
- Autumn 2022*: Project complete
*All future dates are projected and subject to change dependant on external factors.