We monitor our progress on all responses to community safety activity.
Our current key priorities are to:
- reduce fires
- reduce road traffic collisions
- improve health and wellbeing
To find out how we are performing, view the council business plan.
We measure our response times by using a 'drive time' model. This uses the speed that a fire engine can travel, based on the type of road.
An allowance factors in the time it takes for the fire engine to start travelling. It allows:
- two minutes for wholetime firefighters
- five minutes for retained firefighters
Our response standards are:
- we will respond to dwelling fires within an average of 11 minutes for the first fire engine
- we will respond to all other incidents within an average of 15 minutes for the first fire engine
We investigate all occasions where the response time has not been met.