We monitor our progress on all responses to community safety activity.
Our current key priorities are to:
- reduce fires
- reduce road traffic collisions
- improve health and wellbeing
To find out how we are performing, view the council business plan.
We measure our response times by using a 'drive time' model. This uses the speed that a fire engine can travel, based on the type of road.
An allowance factors in the time it takes for the fire engine to start travelling. It allows:
- two minutes for wholetime firefighters
- five minutes for a retained firefighters
To find our expected response times, download our drive time map.
The colour-coded key shows how long it might take to respond:
- 0 to 10 minutes - green
- 10 to 15 minutes - yellow
- 15 to 20 minutes - orange
- 20 to 25 minutes - brown
We investigate all occasions where the response time has not been met.