We monitor our progress on all responses to community safety activity.
Our current key priorities are to:
- reduce fires
- reduce road traffic collisions
- improve health and wellbeing
To find out how we are performing, view the council business plan.
Find out the number of and types of incidents we attend.
We measure our response times by using a 'drive time' model. This uses the speed that a fire engine can travel, based on the type of road.
An allowance factors in the time it takes for the fire engine to start travelling. It allows:
- two minutes for wholetime firefighters
- five minutes for retained firefighters
Our response standards are:
- we will respond to dwelling fires within an average of 11 minutes for the first fire engine
- we will respond to all other incidents within an average of 15 minutes for the first fire engine
We investigate all occasions where the response time has not been met.