Before you apply
For information on this service during the current COVID-19 pandemic please read Information for parents and carers before continuing.
All post-16 students must pay towards the cost of transport to sixth form or college.
For the academic year 2020/21, this is:
- a one-off payment of £570
- or, three termly instalments of £193 (a total of £579)
- or, six instalments of £96.50 (a total of £579)
To qualify, students must be under the age of 19 on 1 September prior to the start of the course. They must also:
- attend a sixth form or college within the designated transport area (DTA) for their home address
- attend a sixth form or college nearer to their home address than the DTA sixth form or college
- and, live more than three miles away
If you need to confirm a school's designated transport area, email [email protected]
Transport will not be provided:
- to satellite sites of schools or colleges
- until the financial contribution has been made
Transport is only provided at each end of the day to and from your child’s main home address.
For more advice, read the post 16 education transport policy.