Appeal a school place decision

Complaints about appeals

If you are unhappy with how the appeal hearing was conducted, you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman cannot overturn a panel’s decision, but they may suggest a new appeal with a different panel and clerk.

Complaints about academy appeals need to be sent to the Education and Skills Funding Agency by:

  • emailing
  • writing to Admission Appeal Complaints, Academies Central Unit, Education Funding and Skills Agency, Earlsdon Park, Butts Road, Coventry, CV1 3BH