Admissions authorities must consult with the public to make changes to their policies. If there are no changes, they must still consult every seven years.
We are the admissions authority for community and controlled schools.
Foundation, aided, free schools and academies are their own admissions authority.
For the current arrangements, use our directory to find a school.
To find out more about how we manage school admissions, read our school admissions schemes.
Consultation dates for 2021-22
- 22 November 2019 - process opens (community and controlled schools)
- 9 December - process opens (all other schools)
- 3 January 2020 - deadline for responses (community and controlled schools)
- 20 January 2020 - deadline for responses (all other schools)
- 28 February 2020 - arrangements determined
- 15 March 2020 - arrangements published
- 15 May 2020 - deadline for objections
Some admissions authorities may use a different timetable. Check the school’s website or contact the school for more information.
What happens next?
Once the consultation has closed, all responses will help to determine the school's final arrangements.
These must be published by 15 March..
If you believe a school’s new arrangements to be unlawful, you can object. You must do this by the deadline:
- Email: [email protected]
- Call: 01325 340402
- Write to: Schools Adjudicator, Bishopsgate House, Feethams, Darlington, DL1 5QE