Before you apply
For information on this service during the current COVID-19 pandemic please read Information for parents and carers before continuing.
If a child is not granted free transport, parents or carers must get them to school or college.
Spare seats on school or college vehicles can be used by non-entitled pupils and students, for a concessionary fee, if:
- there are no other fare-paying bus or train services available
- or, there is no extra cost to the county council
The fee for the academic year 2020/21 is:
- a one-off payment of £570
- or, three termly instalments of £193 (a total of £579)
A concessionary seat can be withdrawn if:
- the number of children granted transport increases and no spare seats are left
- a fare-paying bus service becomes available
- a review of school transport reduces the availability of spare seats
- unacceptable behaviour of the child is proven
If your child’s seat is withdrawn, you will be given five working days’ notice. We reserve the right to remove children if unacceptable behaviour is proven.
If a seat is withdrawn by the council, your refund will be calculated on a pro rata basis.
For more advice, read the schools and college transport policy.
How to apply
If your child is not eligible for free school transport, you must ensure they can get to school safely.
We urge parents and carers to apply for school transport if they believe concessionary transport is available in their area.
A new application must be made at the start of each academic year.
We aim to process applications for September 2021 within 20 working days, however, some may take longer. If you do not hear from us before the end of June, please get in touch.
What happens next?
We will not process concessionary applications until all entitled children have been granted transport.
We may not process September applications until a few weeks into the term. You must get your child to school yourself until we contact you.
Applications for later in the school year will be processed within 10 working days.
If there are more applications than places, we use a priority system:
- Pupils living in Lincolnshire
- Pupils who require transport at both the beginning and end of all school or college days
- Pupils attending their designated transport area school or college
- Pupils who are part way through an exam course
- Pupils living farthest from their designated transport area school or college
- Youngest child
Make a payment
You can pay for concessionary school transport online:
Do not send payment until we have confirmed your child’s seat.