Register an event affecting the highway

You must register any event you organise that may impact upon the use of the highway.

This includes any event which may:

  • require you to apply for temporary traffic restrictions
  • affect the safety of pedestrians and other road users
  • increase on-street parking
  • restrict access for emergency vehicles
  • affect planned highways works
  • any increased traffic flows in the area due to the event

You must give at least 13 weeks' notice, except for street parties.

Street parties

For street parties, you must:

Other events

For all other events, you must:

Register an event

To apply for temporary signage in the highway for your event, email