Cookie Policy

This website works best using cookies. You can find out more and change your settings any time but by continuing you agree to this.

Council Services:

Events affecting the highway

Event organisers must register all public and private events which may impact upon the use of the highway. This includes any event which may:

  • Require you to apply for temporary traffic restrictions
  • Affect the safety of pedestrians and other road users
  • Increase on-street parking
  • Restrict access for emergency vehicles
  • Affect planned highways works
  • Any increased traffic flows in the area due to the event

We will work with event organisers to minimise disruption and ensure safety. If a temporary road closure is required, the organiser must give the council a minimum of 13 weeks' notice (with the exception of street parties).

For street parties, the organiser is required to:

For all other events, the organiser is required to:


Your personal information will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. For further information about how we handle your information, including who we may share it with, please see our Privacy Notice.

Applicants must agree to all requirements outlined in the 'notes' section of the online form.

We will review all applications as quickly as possible and respond accordingly.

For large events, a multi-agency safety advisory group will provide advice and co-ordinate responses.

Applications for licences or permits, such as entertainment, charitable collections etc, must be obtained from the relevant district council.

For all other queries about events on the highway, email


The following files will open in their associated programs. To view PDF files on our website Adobe Acrobat Reader 5 or above is recommended. To upgrade or for help, visit the Adobe website.

Information about parking enforcement


Pay or challenge a PCN, apply for a Blue Badge and find out about parking enforcement.


Highway defects

Discovered highway defects such as potholes, lighting, flooding, signage, obstructed roads?


Constructing a dropped kerb

Request permission to construct a dropped kerb/vehicular crossing to an existing property.


Get in touch

General enquiries for highways, transport and environmental services.


Did you find what you were looking for?

Please give us your name, email address and any comments you have.

Last updated: 23 April 2018

Bookmark with:

What are these?


Powered by Webstructure.NET