GDPR Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy

Works on the existing highway

To carry out highway works to comply with planning permission, you must enter into an agreement with us.

The highway includes:

  • carriageway
  • footway
  • verge and any other area between highway boundaries

The types of agreement to cover different levels of improvement works are:

  • a minor works permit for minimal works that do not involve electrical works
  • a unilateral agreement for minimal works that do involve electrical works
  • a Section 278 agreement for all other works