Works on the existing highway

Unilateral agreement

To carry out highway works to comply with planning permission, you must enter into an agreement with us.

A unilateral agreement is for minimal works that do involve electrical works.

You will agree to pay us to carry out the works through our term maintenance contractor. It is only available where we have sufficient capacity.

Before you start any works, you must have a unilateral agreement letter and permit signed by us.

Approval process

  1. Contact us by emailing or call 01522 78270 to request the permit. We will then assess your request.
  2. If approved, we will post your permit to you.
  3. Work can only begin when you have received your permit.

Refused applications

If we cannot resolve any issues, we will refuse your application. We will return your paperwork.