Book archive resources
We recommend that you book our search room in advance.
You can order up to six documents in advance of your visit. You must provide us with the full reference for each document. You can find these on Lincs to the Past.
We are open 10am until 4pm, Tuesday to Saturday, except Bank Holidays.
You must make advance requests by 2pm the day before. Advance requests for Tuesdays must be made by 2pm on Friday.
For advice, email [email protected].
You can also call 01522 782040 and ask to speak to the search room staff.
Inside the search room
You may take notepads smaller than A4, pencils, sheets of paper, glasses, maps, charts and reference books.
You are not allowed to take pens, bags, coats, folders, files or plastic wallets.
Lockers are provided for belongings and phones must be put on silent.
Our facilities include:
- a fully accessible search room
- a bookable and drop-in computer on height adjustable tables
- magnifying glasses
- an induction-hearing loop at reception
- an accessible toilet
- two accessible spaces in our car park. Blue Badge holders must give us 24 hours’ notice to reserve these
- assistance dogs permitted in all areas of the search room
There is a free car park in Rosemary Lane to the rear of the building for visitor use.