Request a safe and well check
A safe and well check is a free assessment of the fire risks within your home.
After you submit your request, we will assess whether you are eligible for a home visit.
If you are not eligible, we will send you a home fire safety information booklet.
If you are, we will contact you to arrange a time and date. This can take up to a month, depending on the level of risk.
A firefighter or community fire safety advocate will carry out the check. They will give you advice on how to reduce your risk of fire. They may offer further advice on how to improve your health and wellbeing.
- if you live in rented accommodation contact your landlord to get a smoke alarm
- if you live in a council owned property contact the council to arrange a smoke alarm
- if you are able to buy and fit a smoke alarm you need to make sure the smoke alarm has this symbol:
if necessary we will fit smoke alarms, this will be discussed if a visit is needed.
There are two types of referral:
- Request a safe and well check – for family members and occupiers. Alternatively you can complete a self assessment
- Professional referral for a safe and well check – for organisations from a fire safety point of view.
You may not need a home visit.
Please complete the self assessment below. We will contact you should there be any fire safety concerns.
If you would like to give feedback on the protocol, please contact us on [email protected].