Apply for a dropped kerb or vehicle access

Vehicles driving over a path or verge to park

If a vehicle is repeatedly driven across a footway or verge to access private property, without a constructed access, this may be considered an illegal crossing.

This is an offence under Section 184 of the Highways Act 1980 and a person who knowingly and repeatedly does so, is liable for a fine.

You can report this to us if you are aware that this is happening and if it is causing damage to the footway or verge.

Once you have submitted a report, we will check our records to ensure the access has been given permission. Where permission has not been granted, we will assess the situation and may contact the resident or property owner to arrange for a retrospective application.

Report an illegal crossing