About the project
A46 Dunholme/Welton drawing
We will construct a new three-armed roundabout at the A46/Lincoln Road junction. We will also reduce the level of the hill along this section of the A46.
Aims and benefits
The project aims and benefits are to:
- improve safety and reduce the number of collisions at this junction
- reduce congestion and increase visibility for all road users
- accommodate future development in the area
Cost and funding
The project is part-funded using £2m from the Department of Transport. The remaining funding will come from a combination of third party contributions and us.
- June 2017: Information event held at Welton Manor Golf Centre
- June 2017: Bid for National Productivity Investment Fund funding submitted
- September 2017: Planning application submitted
- October 2017: DfT allocates £2m to the council from its National Productivity Investment Fund
- February 2018: Planning permission granted
- April 2019: Publish and promote legal orders
- December 2019: Secretary of State approves legal orders
- February 2020: Preparatory works carried out
- July 2020: Construction begins
- Spring 2021*: Project complete
*All future dates are projected and subject to change dependent on external factors.