What is the virtual school?
The school does not exist in real terms as a building and children do not attend. They remain the responsibility of the school at which they enroll.
The virtual school supports the education of looked-after children. It also provides advice to the carers, parents and schools of previously looked-after children and care leavers.
We work in cooperation with:
• all looked-after children and young people aged 3-18, wherever they are educated
• carers and professionals linked to the looked-after children and young people
• other local authority virtual schools
We aim to:
• help children become happy, successful and fulfilled
• support children, young people, carers, schools and social workers to improve educational outcomes
• ensure that a Personal Education Plan (PEP) is integral to the child’s care plan and review it regularly
• ensure that young people make the best possible progress in the most suitable educational placement