What is the virtual school?
The school does not exist in real terms as a building and children do not attend. They remain the responsibility of the school at which they enroll.
The virtual school supports the education of children in care. It also provides advice to the carers, parents and schools of previous children in care and care leavers.
We work in cooperation with:
• all children and young people in care aged 3-18, wherever they are educated
• carers and professionals linked to the children and young people in care
• other local authority virtual schools
We aim to:
• help children become happy, successful and fulfilled
• support children, young people, carers, schools and social workers to improve educational outcomes
• ensure that a personal education plan (PEP) is integral to the child’s care plan and review it regularly
• ensure that young people make the best possible progress in the most suitable educational placement