What happens next?
If your support plan to meet your eligible needs requires financial support, we will meet these through a carer personal budget.
Your support plan will detail your needs and how your personal budget will help to meet them. We will decide the final amount you receive.
This offers a flexible and personalised way to offer bespoke support.
A personal budget may be made as a one-off or regular Direct Payment by means of an All Pay card.
We will review your support plan, any needs you have and your budget every year.
Using your personal budget
Your personal budget can be used in different ways to meet your needs, such as:
- gardening and cleaning services to help maintain the home
- carer breaks
- travel expenses for visiting family and friends
- appliances such as a washing machine or dishwasher
- play equipment for children with disabilities to give parents a break
- equipment such as a tablet or laptop
- respite care such as sitting services so that carers can take a break
- leisure and recreational activities so carers can do things they enjoy
You cannot spend it on illegal activities, debts, bills, gambling, alcohol or drugs.
The All Pay system helps keep an easy record of how the money has been spent.