Support during Covid-19
You are not on your own; the Lincolnshire Carers Service and the Young Carers Service are here for you:
- Telephone, email, webchat and online support for carers – go to the Carers First website.
- Any new carer referrals are being taken by the Lincolnshire Customer Service Centre on 01522 782224.
- The Carers Hub remains open Monday-Thursday 9am – 5pm and Fridays 9am – 4.30pm. Carers already being supported by Carers FIRST can contact us on 0300 303 1555.
- The evening virtual drop in will continue to run every Wednesday evening via webchat from 6-8pm.
- Carers at risk are being identified to ensure they are safe and supported.
- Carers can access our digital resources for up-to-date national information and advice.
- Download our COVID-19: Guidance for Carers publication.
If you are a young carer, caring for one of your family or a friend who is mentally or physically ill or disabled, you might be worried about Coronavirus (COVID-19) and what might happen if you or the person you care for gets the virus. For help and support contact:
- Telephone: 01522 553275
- Email: [email protected]
If you are scared or feel like you can't cope, please talk to someone in your family, another trusted adult or friend or someone from school.
It is a good idea to talk with your family and friends and create an Emergency Contacts list, and then keep it somewhere safe.
Remember, if you are very worried about someone who becomes really poorly then call 999.
- Childline - If you need to speak to someone straight away
- British Red Cross First Aid Champions - First Aid Information for young people
- www.nhs.uk - How to phone 999 for young children
- www.youngcarers.info - Lots of information for young carers
- Young Minds - Text support for if you are experiencing a mental health crisis
- www.kooth.com - Free, safe and anonymous online support for young people
- www.themix.org.uk - Support services for every aspect of life for young people
- www.sibs.org.uk - Supporting young siblings at home, work, and school