Young carers service
The Lincolnshire Young Carers Service supports young carers up to the age of 19. Young carers may be helping and supporting a family member or friend due to disability, mental ill-health, illness or substance misuse.
A young carer may be providing support with:
- cooking, housework and shopping
- physical care, such as helping someone in and out of bed
- personal care, such as assistance with dressing, toileting and administering medication
- managing the family budget
- collecting prescriptions and arranging GP or hospital appointments
- helping with communication
- looking after brothers or sisters
- emotional support
The Lincolnshire Carers Service can also provide support for young carers from the age of 16, depending on need.