You can find an overview of documents relating to fire safety law here. It provides guidance to anyone who has a legal duty for fire safety in a relevant building to meet those duties.
Business fire safety
Many businesses may be operating with reduced staff numbers, it’s important to still consider the appropriate fire safety measures including the following:
- fire safety systems within your premises still need to be maintained. Review your fire safety risk assessment as circumstances change and implement any necessary control measures
- how to maintain emergency plans if your staff numbers are reduced
- ensure that all openings are secured when closing down the building and bins cannot be easily accessed
- download our checklist highlighting the minimum actions that you should be taking
If you have concerns about fire safety in the workplace email Fire.Safety@lincolnshire.gov.uk.
Identifying vulnerable persons at risk from fire
Person-centred risk assessment
Guidance has been developed to support people that work or that are in regular contact with vulnerable people or people that may need adjustments or assistance in the event of a fire. This guidance will help everyone in connection with the person to identify if they are at an increased risk of fire. It can be used by:
- family members
- representatives of housing providers
- care providers
- local authorities
- utility companies